I think I could live on this. No really, when I make roasted broccoli at home, I make 2-2.5 lbs for 3 people, and there are no leftovers.
And the recipe is easy, too!
(Adapted from the back of the frozen broccoli package) Lemon-Garlic Roasted Broccoli
- 2 lbs fresh or frozen broccoli (cut into equal 1-2 in pieces if not using pre-cut frozen yummies)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ~1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 large garlic cloves, pressed through garlic press or minced
- 1-2 tsp lemon zest
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400F, position 2 racks in middle-ish of oven
- Combine all ingredients except broccoli and let sit 2 minutes. (can be done ahead of time)
- Divide oil mixture between 2 cookie sheets. Make sure to get all the garlic onto the pans.
- Divide broccoli between 2 cookie sheets and "toss" them with oil mixture.
- Roast/bake for 20-25 minutes, switching the pans' positions halfway through, until the broccoli is browned at the edges and tender.
- Enjoy your healthy comfort food with grilled meat, baked fish, or cheesy pasta!
Note: I'm sure you can use this to roast many other veggies, such as cauliflower or green beans.