Thursday, April 9, 2009

Poll Results! What is your favorite type of cookie??


Chocolate Chip
7 (53%)
Oatmeal
2 (15%)
Shortbread/butter
0 (0%)
Peanut Butter
2 (15%)
Chocolate (not just chips)
1 (7%)
Ginger Snaps
1 (7%)
Other
0 (0%)

Votes so far: 13

Yes, I am finally writing about this poll (I think I started it in December.) I must confess, I can't remember what I voted for, but I know that I like chocolate cookies, oatmeal cookies, and chocolate chip cookies. Peanut butter, not so much.
I also tend to really like creative cookies, like these maple-pecan-oatmeal cookies, or my own cranberry-pistachio biscotti.

To me, cookies are just a blank canvas to be painted with whatever flavor is desired. Unfortunately, I never really manage to pull them off the way I would like. I've tried several times to make chewy cookies, using melted butter or other techniques, but they still always end up soft and cakey. (just as tasty though!)

So, do any of you have a favorite cookie recipe you'd like to share?
And don't forget to vote on the new poll!

1 comment:

Catherine Granger said...

I've never tried these but they look really good:
Orange Poppy Seed Cookies