Thursday, March 17, 2011

New Plan! And Cailles en Sarcophages!

So, it has been a very long time since I have last blogged, and as I don't have enough time these days to write full recipes (second semester seniorness is a lie), I have decided to take a picture of some interesting food I see/eat and write about it every day or every other day! Sounds fun? Yes! Unfortunately my camera is having some issues at the moment, but I don't think it is anything some duct tape and new batteries can't fix! (hopefully) Until I get around to fixing it, I will be hitchhiking off of other people's cameras.

First Interesting Food: Cailles en Sarcophages from Le Festin de Babette


My dad had been talking for a long time about making this dish: quails stuffed with truffles and foie gras and then wrapped in puff pastry. And on Wednesday he finally did make it!




It should be noted that instead of truffles, we used regular mushrooms and truffle oil. Also, the puff pastry crust was baked empty and sliced open, and the baked and stuffed quails were set inside a few minutes before serving.

During dinner we discussed what tweaks could make this better, and concluded on an extra pan seared slice of foie gras on the side.

This was all in all a delicious dish, so thank you Dad and Brother!

photo cred: my dad

No comments: